Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lime light

Apart from my arms feeling like a spider sprayed by Mortein ;), Club Lime is going great. I had a session of weights on Saturday and a solid workout last night. Kendra has been encouraging me to do body pump, I had never done a class before (apart from RPM/Spin) but I must admit it was pretty good. This was basically a full body workout and I was feeling pretty unco. But Andy was doing a great job making sure I was doing it right, and giving pointers throughout the class. This was one thing I have found at Club Lime that I have not found at others (I have been to a few), and that was the instructors are fantastic. Even out in the large (and I mean large) weights area there was always someone friendly to ask for help. So thanks guys, I definitely don’t want any injury’s at this stage.

I can really see the benefit of cross training. Really MTB racing is a full body workout and it takes a huge toll on the body especially during 24’s and there is no way you can really ride for 24 hours straight without it being in a race. Training and focusing on hard work in specific areas really pays off (from my experience). Fenner’s interval’s combined with specific weights should be a great combination. If I can remove some upper pain during racing I will be faster for sure.

So at this point in time feeling like a bit of a GYM gumby, I am sure I will pick it up quickly. Like all things there is a steep learning curve, and you just have to stick at it till it comes together. Keep working on those weakness’s I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment