Sunday, August 1, 2010

A little trivia for you

What mountain am I standing on?
Click on it pic to make it larger
Put your answer in the comments :)




I headed out for my ride today, and the plan was to take it easy on a nice flat ride. I did that yesterday on my first ride back after 2 weeks off. But I left home and decided that I needed some mental satisfaction and thought I would give this climb a go, and that I'd limit my HR and power. I had done it once before and loved it, so it was about time I had another crack at it. I only just kept my HR below threshold but power went over a little in places (even in the granny) but it was all good. A nice solid hour or so climbing and I was at the top for the weather to change. The wind picked up the temperature dropped 10 degrees (well so it seemed) and I was on my way back down.

It was good to be back this weekend,  I tried a new Spesh phenom saddle and it seemed really good, hopefully after a little settle in a long ride will make my decision on if it is a go'er.

Now bring on the nice riding weather!

9 comments:

  1. I'm going with Mt Tenant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not think it was going to be that easy.......I'll have to find somewhere a little harder ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea Kev, but it looks awesome up there, what a great ride reward getting views like that, just as the weather comes in...nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mike, if you have a close look you can see Tuggeranong hill and Mt Taylor the big give aways. Tharwa is right in the middle of the shot next to the river. Plus for everyone else to get to the fire trail it is just off to the right hand side on the climb up to Honeysuckle Creek camping ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being too familiar with the south side, I was going to go with Mt Rob Roy, then 2nd choice would have been 'one of those ones further west'

    ReplyDelete
  6. And isn't it one awesome climb up to the top, 6.5km at 12%! I did it in 2008 and had to have a couple of breaks on the way up!

    Must do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JD, Rob Roy I must admit I don't find too much fun, it is hard but just that little too rough and sketchy really. You should head down south for a few rides either road or mountain there are some good one's just not much ST.
    Ed, Let me know I'll be up for it again, sounds like Jase is keen too ;). 15th August maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make it a 6hr epic and I'm in for the 15th, Tennant, then HoneySuckle to Ororral via firetrail, and back via Smokers and Corin? That would be a solid hit out...!

    ReplyDelete