Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I can smell something

It smells like anticipation in the air. It has come up very quick, and it seems as though it is going to be a hot one.

The National Solo 24 is on this weekend, and it looks like the competition is going to be big. It seems many riders are after a top 10, and with English, Claxton, Fenner, the pace will be huge from the start. Another rider who maybe entering is Craig Gordon the 2006 World Champion and he is a machine when he wants something. There are also lots of other riders that will be out to make impressions, including people heading to the Worlds this year and wanting to see where they are at (this includes me). I expect this one to be the strongest field in any Australian 24 hour so get out there and have a look.

Me, I will be out doing my own thing, pushing my own pace, and riding for my own goal. Hopefully I will poke my head out the other side in good form. It is strange I feel prepared to tough it out and every time I do solo’s I seem to get that bit more comfortable with it. No doubt my support has something to do with this, well experianced now. But they are always hard; everyone put’s in so much effort for the race it is hard but not to hope that everyone out there has a good run. So good luck to all who is racing and tough it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment