Saturday, October 25, 2008

Meet Gemma the Giant



She is very dirty after a day out at Stromlo.

A very exciting day today. Kendra has a new bike, a Giant Cypher with lots of pink stuff. It was great to see that there was a huge difference between her not so old Yukon dually. When we got the Yukon we had no idea that she would love mountain bike riding so much. So nearly only a year down the track she has a great new bike to have lots of fun on.
Gemma is a real girls bike, no not because it just has pink stuff, it is made for woman. Not only that it has some really good gear on it, like Shimano SLX and Deore components and Fox F120 forks (I'd like to put them on the Rocky if I had my way).
Straight from the shop we took her to Stromlo. We swapped out the rear tyre to a crossmark, setup the suspension to the right pressures, set the rebound and Kendra was right to go. I must admit she was pretty patient while I was fiddling and getting it all right for her to go.
She was off, I could not blame her I had been teasing her for a while. Now it was time for me to be patient, with my bad knee I had nowhere to go, so I waited patiently and being very jealous of every bike rider that rode past. Even Clayton was there teasing me and having a good time. Before I knew it she was back and her bike was dirtier that Claytons. She also got a little lost and rode a little further than expected, and down some unkown tracks where the 5 inches of travel came in very handy.
She loved it, it did feel different to her Yukon, but that is expected. Kendra found that she could ride over things she could not before. No doubt that after a few weeks of getting to know Gemma, she will be calling track next time your out at Stromlo.

Oh yeah we brought Gemma from ONYA at Belco, a long way from home but the are a great shop. They do lots for the MTB community and sponsor lots of riders. You just can't look past them, it also helps that they did a great deal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment