Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Things are happening

Well, the past week there has been a lot going on. I am gladly now onto my recovery week after 3 weeks on, where I was improving every week and increasing my load, so training wise I am happy. I have also scored a sponsorship with Club Lime; this is great as I know my biggest weakness is upper body strength. Upper body strength is an area we all tend to forget about and get lazy with, so no doubt the guy’s there should whip me into shape in all the right spots. Hopefully I won’t be so lazy on the bike, and increase my skill level. There GYM facilities are great, lots of room, plenty of machines, lots of classes, shower’s, steam room, check them out at: http://www.clublime.com.au/

I have set myself some new goals, and funny enough it just seemed to fall into place. Here are some target races for me:

The Angry Doctor at Mogo. A great 100k race with lots of fun tracks to be had. Looking forward to riding with the guys in this one, it will be good to have some friendly competition between mates.

The Highland fling, which I really still have not decided to do the 100k or 100mile. It will be great whichever I choose, I just don’t know if I should take it too seriously with the Kona fairly close.

The Kona 24 hour in Melbourne, solo. This is one event I am keen to do. It has 3 tracks that you race on for periods of time, so it should keep things interesting. Heading there with the McAvoy’s it shall be a big weekend for sure.

I still have not decided yet about the Scott, Kendra will be in a 6 MumNut team, so a step up from the Mont for her with a harder track. As for me, I might enter solo and just roll around socially riding when I want with whoever I choose. Who knows but so far that sounds fun to me.

I am also planning on doing ore of the CORC XC race’s and maybe the 8 hour working week in Canberra, but we will see, eye’s on the Worlds for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment