Friday, January 9, 2009

Journey begins to the Worlds

It is pretty exciting, there was a release date and venue less than 48 hours ago, and with some quick action by Kendra and I we have registered and fully committed to the Event. This is going to be the biggest holiday I think we will ever have.
That is right we are planning on making this into a holiday as well as the Worlds. So far we are planning to arrive 1-2 weeks before the event, with some nice traveling and bike riding. Arrive in Canmore on the Thursday before the event, primed and ready to go for Saturday. Do my best to give everyone else a hard time out on the track, especially my age group. Stand on the podium ;). Then head back slowly to Vancouver for the start of a well deserved Cruise for 1 week.
This trip is going to be great Kendra and I have always wanted to go to Canada. We love the wildlife and mountains. We also want to do some dog sleding in there somewhere.
So alot of planning to do and money to spend. But it is going to be a trip never to forget.

1 comment:

  1. The journey began a month ago to prepare for 2009 and the World 24.

    The strength and determination in the 5am starts (not fun) are admirable in preparing for such an intimidating event.

    I wish you all the best in luck Kev for the next 7 months of hard work and am proud to be part of an incredible adventure. I know it will be worth the hard yards and a cruise up Alaska afterward should help as well.

    Remember to just keep riding,
    riding, riding, riding.

    All my best wishes
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete