Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting it right off the bike

This week I have been finding the training hard. Last week was great felt good pushed all my limits. This week I have been paying the consequences for pushing that bit too hard. Although I have been struggling, it has highlighted some areas where I need improvement. I could have backed off my hours and/or intensity last week, but I think there are other things I could do.

Recovery has been a setback, not quite up to scratch, so I have been looking into what I can do to improve this. For good recovery I have tried to focus on getting my protein levels right plus all the vitamins and minerals. I want to be eating the right things at the right times, and when my body needs it. I also want to lose a few extra gallons storage out of my fuel tank, so getting the right amounts of the right stuff and limiting the wrong stuff will be the key. So far in the last 3 weeks I have lost 2kg, hopefully another 3-5kg will follow. My aim is another 3 by the Easter Nationals and a further 2 by the Worlds. That will bring me down to 70kg, still a lot higher than Cadel he is around the 64kg and he is only 4mm shorter than me. But I have not been below the 72kg’s since I was a teenager so it will be tough.

At the moment I just can’t get enough sleep, feeling very tired and dopey by the time I get home from work, it seems 9 hours is not cutting it. Really I can’t have anymore; I enjoy spending time with Kendra, even if I am half asleep ;). So hopefully my recovery methods will come into play and my 9 hours will be enough to feel on top of it and alive again. I think I might try to look forward to a spa when I get home, which will hopefully leave me fresh for the Bakery ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment