Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A much needed recovery week.

Another bank of training has come and gone, and I am back into a rest week. With a few good rides over the weekend that really blew myself out, I am in need of it. My progress has been good, and I have been learning a lot about my program, and the training I have been doing.

It is very easy just to go out for a ride when you feel good and push hard but it is not always the best thing to do. I always thought that my endurance was OK (well it is if I just want to go slow) but I have been pushing my limits in trying to push that bit harder for that bit longer. So I will plan to be more consistent in my next bank. It is strange as I feel as though I am not riding enough, but I just have to keep to the plan and trust in what I am doing.

So with some rides to and from work with Kendra this week, a 2 hour easy pace ride Thursday night while Kendra starts her Yoga, I will be ready for Friday. On Friday, Jase and I are heading out for a Fitness test to see where we are at. It has worked out great that we both finish our 3 week block and have the recovery week on the same week. So this means we can go out and really try to push each other during this test. After the recovery week is where I really notice my improvements and I hope this time will be the same. 3 weeks of hard work has to shine through and produce some nice improvements (I hope).

So stay tuned and hopefully there will be some good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment