Monday, March 9, 2009

New news

We after last week and a little confusion on where I should go my coach set me up with a new program and I started it straight away. My base work is over and now I am focusing on a bit of extra speed. It has been working out great this week, I even managed a new PB up blacky.
So I have done a week of the new program and I have to say I am pretty smashed. But a nice easy ride today should leave me in good form for another week of onslaught. So I am feeling pretty good about it all and am pretty sure I will be able to give the Nationals a good hard hit out.
My power meter has been a little bit here and there lately. I have been making new calibrations with the new bike trying to get it right, and a ride with Jase confirmed what I was expecting, it was reading a little low. So I made a quick adjustment to the Cal and it looks good. Well it is comparable with Jasons polar, and although polar's are not well known for them being accurate, but Jase has done alot of work on his and testing against a SRM so he knows it is reading little low, but should be comparable to give mine a +-5% figure. I am not too concerned about how accurate but I do want repetitive results so I can see if I am improving, but now I should be close to accurate and will get consistant results so I am happy and will leave it as is.
As for my power numbers I'm putting out I am very happy. I have not done any good solid testing as it is hard to do when I have intervals to do but I am happy with my estimate I have givin myself. My intervals are pretty solid with that estimate so I am going with it. Hopefully with a rest week next week I will be able to put in a good FTP test to confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment