Monday, June 8, 2009

Stop bugging me......Please

As I sit here drinking OJ, I wonder where the last week went. I was feeling really good going well, as can be seen by my last post. But since last Tuesday/Wednesday, that bug caught up to me and it is not letting go. I have been trying everything, garlic, greens, water, sleep, etc, etc and it is still bugging me. Hopefully I'll be back in the next few day's.
Really things have been bad for me this year, and maybe it is due to pushing new limits. It seems when I push up in my CTL my body seems to come down with something. Maybe I'm lifting it too fast, but I can't really hold back now 1 more phase to go and I will be in Canada. I have been continuously pushing the limits of where I have never been. So hopefully things will start to go my way till Worlds.

4 comments:

  1. Multiple sicknesses sure is a sign of over doing it man, just adjust your weekly TSS down 10% or so. Sometimes, "less" is "more"... hope you get better soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're rampin' your CTL more than 7 points a week you're in danger of overtraining. Suggest pulling back a bit otherwise you will end up in a hole for Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I knew I was pushing it, and took a risk. At least now I know how far I can push in a build or peak. Something I don't want to find out at Worlds ;). Heading to the GYM tonight an RPM class to see how I go, but I am feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to here it bro, and good luck tonight, enjoy that RPM thing, personally I was shocked at how much I sweated at RPM yesterday, it had been several years since I had done a class and I forgot about the sweat; I could have wrung a litre of fluid out of my shirt afterwards! *drip* *drip* A solid workout for sure though.

    Threshold intervals for me tomorrow morning, you'll hear the girlish screams of pain from your place I am sure ;)

    Good to see your on the mend, might catch you at the race on Sunday...

    ReplyDelete