Monday, June 15, 2009

This is getting stoopid

Last week I got over my little bug and fully over it, but almost there I eased back into training. I did some core work last Wednesday and all was good. Friday morning I woke up with a sharp pain at my lower ribs as I was rolling over. Not really knowing what the continuous sharp pains were I went to the Doc who confirmed I had strained some muscles. He said I should be able to go about everything as normal as long as it is not painful, and that I would be OK to ride.

So Saturday I was off to ride with the bakery boys, and I was happy putting in a pretty good effort. I had the odd pain but mostly good. After about the 2.5 hour mark the pain was increasing and by the 3 hours mark I decided to head home. I wanted an 8 hour day but really it was not realistic considering.

With a pathetic little ride yesterday that did not meet any standards, the pain is slowly getting worse, and a 4 day training camp this weekend I am getting worried it is all started to turn into rotten old pear. With some words from Jase stuck in my head, something about, things go wrong but it is how you deal with it that matters, I know I need to do something. So I am hoping acupuncture will work, never tried it before, and I am really hoping the miracle clinic will live up to its name. I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment