Friday, November 13, 2009

Maybe I should start shaving


The picture looks bad, but my knee has come up OK. It won't hold me back anyway.

Another crit over in a blink. It was a good one and great turn out, lots of big boys out which was good to see. The track was on the lower end of Majura with some twisty trails which don’t really favour me. But I decided to try and get a good start.


Sitting in the second row, and we were off, it was all out to the first corner, and managed to keep a reasonable position into the single track as I took it wide and gained another position going in. I was in 7th and considering there is about 6-7 people on each row I was happy. The first lap was a blur just managing to keep up with the rider in front, but I dropped a couple of meters. I knew there was a big gap behind, and as I went to put a bit in I really had no top end. So I kept my position and back into the ST. Basically that was how it stayed every lap I lost a few meters in the single track I knew I had a good gap and only really did what I needed, for the following laps. Until the last corner I had a few meters of my gap still there and thought I’d just punch it out over the last little section. But as I exited the ST over a little dip I moved my weight too early and lost the front end. Jase was nearly on top of me by the time I was getting up nearly clean me up. I ended up losing 2 positions, luckily Jase really did not lose any, but that’s crits.

I have to say again, such a great crowd out there, everyone is encouraging and it is great to see. The Onya Belco/Civic did another great effort.

So this weekend I’ll have a weekend of riding for myself. Bunch ride Saturday morning followed by a MTB ride Sunday. Final preparation and build for the Kona, so it will be a big one. Then I’ll look forward to some tapering ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment