Friday, November 6, 2009

My first Dirt Crit

I got to say it was good fun.

Going from racing 24 hours to a 10min crit seemed a bit odd. But anyway I thought I would give it a go and something I have been meaning to do for a while now, I just never really got there. Now with no excuse’s it is good to get the Club Lime jersey out there a bit more for some weekly racing.

It was a bad start I must say, a guy in front had a bad one leaving me dodging him and dropping back. Really I have no idea how many riders were behind me going into the first single track but it was not many. I rode past Dan who had a slight mechanical and then worked my way down to the fire road for some overtaking. I passed 5-6 riders, and being the only stretch where I could overtake next lap I got 3 more, then another 2 and coming up to the finish I managed to get another. I ended the race to finish 11th, it does not seem that great, but I think it was pretty good for a first effort anyway.

It was an awesome race and very social. Might have to have another go next week and try for a better position on the start ;).

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! - It does get better the more you do - positioning is vital early on more so than the longer endurance stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'll feel more confident to move forward on the start this week. Top effort BTW, it was good to watch, it was a great course to see that action.

    ReplyDelete