Saturday, May 22, 2010

Single track mind 8 hour round 2

Looks like everyone had some fun, nice work Carlso.


What a fun one, OK some things did not go to plan but it worked out in the end.


I headed down on the Saturday and got a nice little lap in just to check the course out. I really liked it nice and fast with a few log roll’s a bit sandy but a course that kept entertaining.

Saturday morning came and it was not long till we were off, OK some people were facing the wrong way and unseated, but the nice longish uphill fireroad sorted most of us out, and anyway we had 8 hours to do that. The laps rolled through pretty nicely for the first few hours it was great catching up with a few mates. But things were going to take a little stumble as I began to feel a little sick, I took some time to drink a full bottle of water when I came through, then a little rub of my dusty eyes and there it goes…..cloudy vision. So I took this time to clean myself up get organized again trying to let my eyes come good before heading back out. I did that after dropping a lap and really starting to enjoy myself again when my rear gear cable broke, leaving me in the hardest cog at the back. I pushed on and finished that lap off and shortened the cable so I would have a smaller range of lower gears worked well. So pushed on just enjoying myself till the end.

Happy days, I somehow managed to still ride for 7h and 30-40 minutes, and even though things did not go great I did learn some things about some unanswered questions that has been bugging me for a few years.

Whatever happens in an event’s it is always good to learn that bit more about yourself, and then push on to improve that little bit more.

3 comments:

  1. nice one Kev, well done, great pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would one of the questions be..... "Should I have fish?" the night before race?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah some omega 3's, I also take some supplemements for the eye's.

    ReplyDelete