Monday, August 15, 2011

Fibromyalgia...maybe?

The last 2 weekends I have been totally off the bike with aching joints. This has sucked and yes I am getting old. The first weekend the aching eased at night only to return the following morning. 2nd weekend has been worse and it has not subsided. My 2nd visit to the doc today to reveal some blood tests which all came back good apart from a reduced vit D level. More sun I  thought means more riding, but when I told him how much riding I did, now it means less riding. So reduced riding when my CTL (training load) had been pretty consistent the last few months (bad I know). So now armed with anti-inflammatory, and multi-vits including D's, omega-3's I'm keen to knock this thing over.
I suspect it maybe this fibromyalgia which seems to be right (Even though there is no test that can prove it) and is brought on by cold/damp weather. I have been riding to and from work the last few weeks in the cold frosty morning's. plus I have not been taking my usual multi V's (due to lack of build). So I'm really hoping that reduced exposure to the cold, more multi's, reduced hours this thing is going to be gone. Now another doc visit next Sunday.

So a reminder keep doing all the little things to keep your health up, I think it comes back to bite you and you may not even realise it, till it is too late. We do put stress and strain upon ourselves and more than we know. But now I really want those warm nice mornings. I think I will be OK as long as it does not go below 0 again. I did riding in the -9 (on the garmin) 2 weeks ago which maybe started a snowball. Just go away....frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment