Saturday, November 12, 2011

Very Exciting

Some bikes I get more excited about than others, and I get the feeling this one will be special.

Trek Superfly 100 Al Pro


Why??

I wanted to limit my stable to 2 mountain bikes, but still do 24 solo's on both and also be able to have a good weapon of choice depending on terrain. So my top fuel paired with the superfly seemed the logical choice. 26er for tight, tech, hilly rides and 29er for flatter less technical rides. I have always loved the design of the top fuel, it seems apart of me whenever I ride it. So with almost the same design I really feel like I am going to be right at home on this machine. I hope that the interchange between the 29 and 26 will be easier to adjust to due to the similair design's. Trek come up with what seems like loads of acronyms like E2, ABP, FCC, APA, G2, and while some are more important than others all of these do make sense, and some are not just limited to Trek (but most are). G2 seems to be a big key with the Trek 29er's and why it works so well in tight single track, now I'm not going into details about it but I'm glad this has it. I wanted a stiff bike, as with all 29ers longer stay's, longer forks can add more flex, so the E2, 15mm front end and 142 by 12 rear end should stiffen it up quite a bit. The suspension design (ABP) just works it has no quarks, under braking, stiff under pedalling, and in the gnarlyist moment it just works and takes everything I throw at it. As you can see the bike looks fantastic, but not carbon, I just could not justify that model, it has beef in all the right places, but simple and finished nicely, I love the black/blue/white look :). The spec of XT, Bontrager, Fox should be solid but light enough. So really how could I knock this logic in thinking, it just seemed the obvious decision. This model is selling out quickly with a waiting list that is getting very long.

Can't wait to test it out this morning and I'm expecting this to fly over fast rough decents. Should be a good choice for the Fling this weekend, hopefully my thumb will be up for the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment