Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The rockin Mont 24 hour

Radical Lights 6 mixed team.
Yeah late report again...I know.
What a fun weekend, and really what I needed after a hard couple of weeks. But with a great team of 5 (Jase McAvoy, Andrew Hall, Garry James, and Kath Bicknell) I knew the good times were ahead of us.
The start of the race was up to Jason or I, and I was very glad when Jase put his hand up, my head just was not up to the chaos at that stage, so I jumped out 2nd and was very happy with the clear run that Jase left for me, so nice to get into the groove of a fantastic course. My last 3 laps were all night laps, and the last 2 were filled with some cramping but it was so cool to hear that guitar rockin, my was head was nodding to the tunes and distracted me from the pain of the final climb. Honestly the riding was soooo good out there, it was great fun, perfect track conditions, awesome descents, and rockin tunes. I really can't see how these guys could have made me grin anymore.
Our team just worked like clockwork, such consistent reliable riders, nothing seemed stressed it just worked. I was lucky enough to add an extra bar light (Jeremiah Bishop's ex light, with auto dimming when my speed dropped), and my first night lap was less than 3 minutes down on my first, and I really think it was only due to the traffic, as my first lap was a clear run. The radical lights really did make it like day.
Off the track it was all happening, mate's to catch up with, good food, and loads to keep everyone entertained. The vibe just keeps getting better with the mont, and it was so good to be amongst it. The crew are definitely making a new standard in 24 racing, and when sparrow and the kow get linked up who knows what will happen.
Huge thanks the Radical lights team it is always fun and great to be amongst it with you guys!

Hopefully I'll get my bot in gear and post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment