Friday, April 6, 2012

Where to go?

Well to be honest lately I've been in a spin. Up till about 6 weeks ago it was all fantastic hitting all the numbers, good build happening for Easter solo then sickness came, I was thiniking all good plenty of time to bounce back. I built back up and was looking good again, then Bella happened. Mont had come with little riding in the week leading in, I must admit I was a little flat but still riding well. But since the mont I have been suffering hand numbness but battling through it, and looking at bike positioning again. Then my wheels were taken out of me by a bull bar. All is good physically a little sore but not too bad, roadie did not cope too well a write off, but at least the driver was good about it claiming responsabilty (well so he should). The "sorry mate I did not see you" words were used as I was getting myself off the tar. Things like that happens unfortunately and the driver was a good bloke in making sure I was OK and taking me home. Hopefully I will have some luck with the claim.
So with all this happening, 6+6 will be over for me (although I decided that on the weekend), and I may even give the Rockytrail race a miss. Really depends on how I feel riding over the next few days. But somehow I think somebody is telling me something, maybe I should just sit on the couch and get fat.........sounds fun, but that is not living.
So today I went out for a fun ride, and really just what I needed. Nothing beats a good day out, no intentions, no numbers to chase, it cleared my head and for the first time in a few weeks I really felt back at home on the bike.
More details to come on that ride.
This weekend of course the Easter solo's is on, feeling a little dissapointed I'm not doing it. It's strange sitting this one out after doing the last 5 (well last year was a real failure, so I guess that does not count). But it is all for the best, and I'll be out there cheering. So good luck to all, and hit up a few laps for me and make them fun one's!

No comments:

Post a Comment