Friday, July 10, 2009

Time has been flying

It has come up pretty quick, and although it is my last day at work today for nearly 6 weeks, I expect the time will fly. I am really looking forward to it, and to be honest it will be good to finish off my last few days of training before the taper, and I know I have to make them count. The last of my VO2 sessions tonight, then some long rides over the weekend will finish me off.

It does not seem that long ago when I started really putting in the time for this race, but it started last December, after a little rest from finishing the Scott solo. So I have never felt more ready for a race, I know there is always room to improve, but really I am happy with where I am at, and if I was not it would be too late now. So the hard work is nearly done, and the fun part about to begin.

But my nerves are starting to show, and it is a good sign. Mentally preparing yourself for the race is a good thing. It is hard to stand on the start line to face a 24 solo, and this being the Worlds, plus on an unknown track with lots of climbing (2 by 20 min climbs each lap), I need to be in the right frame. All is good I have a secret weapon, and it’s not a carbon bike that rhymes with Shrek ;).

Other news, I got my ticket to the 100 mile fling in November, which shall be a great race. Kendra decided she would do the 105k Fitz’s challenge instead so the weekend before I will do that with her. It will be great for her to get over the 100k barrier on road. I have lots to work towards, especially with the Kona in November. I always have to set new goals before I finish one, with no goals I have nothing to accomplish; I always have to have that target.

No comments:

Post a Comment