Monday, July 6, 2009

What a weekend, with a ride to Wee Jasper

The first challenge of the weekend was mine. Friday night I had some sets of VO2 max, and I hit them hard hitting all targets on all reps plus 1 rep extra just for good luck ;).

Saturday while I was riding Honeysuckle, Kendra's target was 2 RPM sessions with Andy at Club Lime. Andy's class's are great, he makes you work for it, and always adds extra tracks to the sessions. So Kendra made the 2 hours of pain, pushing herself with an average of 150+ HR. Nice work.

Sunday was a ride to Wee Jasper, we were meeting up at 8:45am at Uriarra Xing, so I added in a ride there. Here I meet up with Ed, Jase, Joel, and Phil and set off. We were to meet up with Claire and Erik for lunch, they were taking the road option.

This ride takes you over the edge of the Brindies and had 5 big climbs, some river crossings, and fantastic views. I was pretty hard work, as Jase was really setting a high pace, while I sat back in tempo. With the fire road climbs comes the downs and these were pretty quick. The last road section into WJ was awesome. It was hard, as all I wanted to do was look at the greenery.

Lunch was at a nice little country pub, and 5 min after we pulled in came Claire and Erik, perfect timing. Here we had wedges, soup, it was all good stuff. I think we stayed here a little too long as we were not really keen on climbing the hills back out.

But we headed off, and really did not seem as bad as we expected. Hitting the fire roads back there was alot more climbing and getting back took only a couple of minutes longer than getting there. By this time it was 5pm and about 5 hours of riding for 100k's, or total for me 6.5 for 135. My plan was to ride back home to get 170k's up but decided as it was getting dark and cold that the temptation to jump into Jase's nice warm car was too great. So thanks for the ride guys, I had alot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment