Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Powerbar kid is gone

It is a sad day when one of our best goes, and I really can't belivie it honestly. James Willo Williamson was an awesome bloke who just loved what he did and you could see it, everyone could see it. Willo just loved riding and always had a smile. It was not long ago I remember him racing around Canberra as the powerbar kid just as enduro's were on the scene and he was smashing it. He still was smashing it, but he developed as one of our best and well known riders who everyone loves to watch and read his articals.
Yesterday after riding in, I was straight onto the computer keen to read an update thinking stage 2 of the Cape epic, but it was not there. I thought ahh they must not be finished or he has not updated it yet, but I just really enjoy reading what he writes.
One of my best riding experiances was with Willo, about 4-5 years ago I went to a CORC skills day at Majura. It was awesome Dylan, Ben Hendo, Shaun, they were all there ready to teach us. It was an awesome day spending most of it with Willo showing us what he knew. The last ride of the day I was lucky enough to be riding on Willo's wheel and everything just stuck, one of those rides that everything is just so smooth and flowy. A ride I will never forget as simple as it was, just a ime where he made everything feel right. To me Willo was a top bloke who brought out the best in people.
You will be missed mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment