Monday, December 1, 2008

Bullen Range


What a ride, on the way to work this morning my legs were totally wasted from this ride, so a real good training workout. We set out at 7am meeting Jase and Adam at point hut. Heading off we knew we were in for some climbing setting a good pace up to the fire road which winds its way up onto the range. These were great new fire roads with plenty of traction for the steep climbs.
Along the top of the range we had some great views east to Canberra and west to the Brindies, Tidbinbilla and my work the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex.
I had travelled along this route before to and from work but the turn off towards the Cottor was venturing into unknown territory.
We turned to head off my known track into a massive uphill grind. We started Jase leading the way, it was relentless usually I can just keep my slow pace going but this time my H./R was up legs were getting heavy and had to give in half way up. Jase absolutely smashed it up there and kept going while Adam and I pushed.
Back along the ridge we were doing the rollercoaster thing again up and down with some very nasty downs if you were not ready for them. This section was great fun lots of little jumps to get some air, then winding all the way down to the Cottor caves. I had completely forgot about this place till I saw it, I had not been there since I was very young.
From here we headed back onto the road to the Cottor, and then the Climb out up to civilisation. Adam was putting in some big ones up this long climb, Jase was up for it but I was slowly dropping back. Adam was giving me some hurt but managed to keep within a few hundred meters.
We had managed to get to Stromlo, now the pass over Cooleman ridge with a good solid pace; I was hanging off the back keeping up. Then came to footpath bash to say goodbye to Adam at Lake Tuggeranong and then back home via the Pine Island to Point hut single track.
A great morning out that pushed me through the limits. I really needed that usually I go out for a ride set an easy pace. So thanks for the hurt guys.

Here is Jase’s version: http://www.wickedrides.com.au/bullen/?screenWidth=1024
Thanks Jase for the picture’s, looks like I will have to buy a new Camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment